Tuckombil Landcare Group is part of the national Landcare organisation and is affiliated with Richmond Landcare. Tuckombil Landcare comprises like-minded individuals who share the common goal of caring for our natural environment. Tuckombil is located in the Ballina Shire and lies north of the town of Alstonville.
Tuckombil Landcare Objectives
- The establishment and/or maintenance of wildlife corridors
- Land management with attention to soil degradation
- Water management with an emphasis on stream bank management and water quality
- Vegetation management through regeneration and maintenance of rainforest remnants and weed control (including camphor laurel trees)
- Promote effective local catchment management through education and participation
We have four meetings each year. The final meeting each year also incorporates an Annual General Meeting. All members are encouraged to participate in these meetings as well as the activities and projects which the group undertakes.
We also hold a number of social events throughout the year, including dining out as a group and weekends away.
Current Tuckombil Landcare Management Committee Members
- Chair/President: Margaret Stanger
- Vice Chair/Vice President: Sharron Gillett
- Secretary: Judy Johnson
- Public Officer: Barry Jeffress
- Treasurer: Peter Biddles
- Social Secretary: Ruth Biddles
- Teven Park Co-ordinator: Jos Webber
- Membership: Judy & Malcolm Johnson